About Us‎ > ‎Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎2015‎ > ‎

12-December

The meeting was called to order at 7 PM by President Durachko.  Present were members Gene Tucker, Steve Dillon, Keith Koch, Tracey Besemer, Franny Shreve, Richard Shreve, Andy Cobaugh, Johnathan White, Melvin Shuey, Andrew Richards, Isabel Martin, Troy Martin, and Tom Canich.

Santa Express: New volunteers, Franny and Richard Shreves, were oriented to Santa Express roles and activities.  All volunteers must sign-in on the day they volunteer to be covered by SEDA-COG JRA insurance.  The Bellefonte School District has been contacted regarding parking and the lots are available.  Long Bus will provide a shuttle service between the school lots and the train station on Saturday and Sunday.  Fire Police have not yet been contacted.  Andy Richards will buy 2 more stanchion sets.  Andy Cobaugh will buy sand, lights, and garland to setup the stanchions for the excursion.

Minutes: November meeting minutes were reviewed.  Tracey Besemer moved to accept, seconded by Steve Dillon.  The motion carried.

Treasurer's Report: The Treasurer presented a report of account activity.  We have a closing balance of $88,363.94.  We received a donation from Nick Rapak from their Fall Foliage nut sale profits.  Keith Koch moved to accept the report, seconded by Steve Dillon.  The motion carried.

Web Report: We had 2,029 visits.  Mailing lists have been sorted out and we now have a public list which allows subscribers to self-manage their subscriptions (unsubscribe, modify subscription, change subscribed address, etc.).

RDC: Work continues.  Outstanding: fuel injector installation, waste tank installation, pricing on Rolokron repairs, we need to provide a paint color choice.  Switches in the cabs will be wired as closely to the plate labels as possible.  We will supply a coolant elbow for A-end engine; Andy Cobaugh raised the engine by the oil house to salvage this part.  No time estimate from RMS on project completion.  Steve Dillon has contacted NSHR about FRA templates and 80-hour engineer training.

Caboose/Snowplow: No update.

Calendar: Cody sent a proof of the 2016 calendar for review and approval.  Tracey Besemer moved to approve the calendar for printing, seconded by Andy Cobaugh.  The motion carried.

Lemont Christmas Market: Cody sent an accounting of proceeds from the Lemont Christmas Market speeder event.  We received about $600, $400 and 21 toys were donated to Toys for Tots.  Andy Richards moved we donate $200 to Lemont Village Association, seconded by Tracey Besemer.  The motion carried.

Lemont Grade Crossings: These crossings are on the NSHR books.  We need to assume responsibility in the Federal records.  Tom Canich will look into completing this change.

JRA Proposed Excursion Rules: The JRA proposed rules may require us to seek approval for each excursion.  Dan will respond to John Spychalski's request for input.

Andy Cobaugh moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Tracey Besemer.  The motion carried.

Meeting adjourned 8:40 PM.

Comments