About Us‎ > ‎Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎2017‎ > ‎

04-April

The meeting was called to order at 7 PM by Tom Canich.  Attending were members Andy Cobaugh, Melvin Shuey, Johnathan White, Cody Martin, Andy Richards, Steve Dillon, Dave Felice, and Tom Canich.

Meeting minutes from March were presented and reviewed.  Cody Martin moved to accept the minutes, seconded by Melvin Shuey; the motion carried.

The Treasurer reported an opening balance of $45,481.32 with $4,391.97 in the caboose/snow plow fund.  We paid regular bills and renewed our insurance policy.  We also purchased an MT19A speeder and made a donation to the Bellefonte Fire Police in recognition of their assistance with the December excursions.  Our closing balance is $32,297.43, with the same $4,391.97 in the caboose/snow plow fund.  We are awaiting a $16,000 check from SEDA-COG JRA for our share of excursion revenues.  Andy Cobaugh moved to accept the report, seconded by Steve Dillon; the motion carried.

No report from the membership committee.

The Web Master reports 425 sessions in the previous month.  He will post ride details and prices to the website.

The RDC is down to a problem with a water cooling pump drawing too much current and the leaking shaft seal on the A/C.  Andy Cobaugh will look into spare motor from storage or from #9153.  The floor pump motor was rebuilt shortly before RDC excursion service previously ended.  Rewinding the motor will cost $1,050.  Andy Cobaugh moves to spend $1,050 on a motor rewind if a spare motor is not available, seconded by Andy Richards; the motion carried.
The HVAC system has not yet been tested with refrigerant out of concern for loss to the atmosphere.  Our HVAC consultant suggests soaking the packing with oil before pressure testing.  We are not clear on the required pressure rating for the seal and may be testing it beyond the expected point of failure.  Andy C. will discuss it with our HVAC consultant and make suggestions to the contractor for how to proceed.  Andy Cobaugh will lead the acceptance inspection when the contractor reports that all work items are completed.

The MT19A speeder purchased from Kevin Hall is in good running condition and is equipped with an electric starter.  It requires some cosmetic improvements.  The machine is stored at Dan Durachko's house.

Lemont Strawberry Festival and the Bellefonte Cruise may be the same weekend.  If they are the same the consensus is that Strawberry Festival is the priority.  Otherwise, if we have enough staff or events are on different weekends we'll try to operate speeders at both events.  We are considering speeders at one event and pump cars at the other.  Permission to operate in Talleyrand Park will need to be secured from the JRA.

Big Spring Festival is May 21.  We are considering offering speeder rides in Talleyrand Park for this event provided JRA approval is received.  In the future we may want to consider a longer ride out towards Milesburg along the creek.

Dave Felice removed a standing dead tree in Lemont.  Further work will be required soon to ready the tracks for speeder excursions.

Andy Cobaugh moved to adjourn, seconded by Steve Dillon; the motion carried.  Meeting adjourned 8:10 PM.
Comments