About Us‎ > ‎Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎2017‎ > ‎

06-June

The meeting was called to order at 7 PM on Monday, June 5 by President Durachko.  In attendance were members Melvin Shuey, Tom Milton, Dan Durachko, Hunter Robertson, Keith Koch, Gene Tucker, Steve Dillon, Ken Dishman, Andy Richards, Cody Martin, Andy Cobaugh, and Tom Canich.

Secretary Canich presented draft May meeting minutes for approval.  Gene moved to accept the minutes as presented, seconded by Dan; the motion carried.

Treasurer Richards presented a financial report for the months of April and May.  We paid routine bills and rent.  We received $18 from the Amazon Smile program.  We also received income from membership dues, speeder events, santa express revenue, and donations.  We registered the highway trailer for 5 years.  Our closing general account balance is $44,092.31; no changes to the caboose/snow plow fund.  Andy Cobaugh moved to accept the report, seconded by Tom Milton; the motion carried.

President Durachko presented a membership report.  We renewed 13 memberships and a renewal drive is in progress.  We need a new membership chair.  Position duties are not difficult and this is a good opportunity for anybody interested in being a little bit more involved in the organization.

Webmaster Cobaugh reports 534 website sessions in May.

No report from the caboose/snowplow committee.

We have no response from the RDC contractor following approval to proceed with the HVAC replacement.  The Treasurer will do a full accounting of current spending on the project.

We will host speeder rides June 10 in Lemont.  This event will include a steam engine.  We will also host rides June 17 at Talleyrand park, Bellefonte, from 11-4.  Cody will contact Sally Houser and Pat McKool about our June 17 plans and coordinating announcements with the Cruise.

Dan Durachko requested reimbursement of approximately $80 for electrical work done on the new speeder.  Dan estimated some additional costs will be incurred for further work.  Keith moved we approve up to $200 for work on this car as Dan finds necessary, seconded by Andy Cobaugh; the motion carried.

We had a work party in Lemont on June 3 to prepare the track for the June 10 speeder event.  The party cleared brush and weeds and dug out the crossings.  The broken rail is repaired but should be replaced before full-size equipment is operated.  We are in communication with a professional herbicide company about weed control along the line.  Andy Richards will meet with him the week of June 4.  Andy Richards moved we approve up to $500 for professional weed control application along the line, seconded by Ken; the motion carried.

Keith moved to adjourn the meeting, seconded by Steve; the motion carried.

Meeting adjourned 7:45 PM.
Comments