About Us‎ > ‎Meeting Minutes‎ > ‎2018‎ > ‎

09-September

The meeting was called to order at 7 PM by President Durachko.  Present were members Tim Durachko, Dan Durachko, Tracey L. Besemer, Andy Richards, Steve Dillon, Gene Tucker, Andy Cobaugh, Tom Milton, "G4", and Tom Canich.

No meeting minutes for August were available to review.

Treasurer Richards reported on financial transactions leaving us with a closing balance of $55,090.31.  The matter of the IRS late penalty has been settled and we have retained a new accounting firm.  Tracey moved to accept, seconded by Andy Cobaugh; motion carried.

The Fall Festival will be held October 27.  We have been asked to provide speeder service between the train station and Big Spring Distillery area within the park.  Festival hours are 11-5 and we would expect to operate 12-4.  We need an operator and at least 2 ground crew to put on the event.  Pricing was discussed and $1 for a one-way ticket or $5 for an unlimited ride pass were settled on.  Unlimited pass will be received via hand stamp or similar permanent marking.  BHRS will let Sally know soon if we can commit.

Webmaster Cobaugh reported we had 1,260 hits in August.  Evenbrite sales have been steady.  The Webmaster is considering moving to the new version of Google Sites.

We have been asked to support funding of the train station decorations for Victorian Christmas.  Andy Richards moved we spend $250 towards decorations, seconded by Tracey; motion carried.

DSLE Dillon shared dates for upcoming training in October: 9, 11, 16, 18.  All time sensitive positions must attend this training.  Let Steve know by end of September which date you will attend.  Bring rule books to be stamped.

Andy C. reported that the RDC HVAC is now holding pressure.  The final work to be done is charging the system with refrigerant, completing the FRA inspection, and our acceptance inspection.  After this is complete the car can be transported back to Bellefonte to end the project.

Andy C. reported that he has made progress on the gang car.  Some mechanical assemblies have been put back together.  He will put forward a proposal to purchase new parts to rebuild the drive train, estimated at $600.  The former Hall speeder needs some new hardware, a new floor, fiber glass repair, and paint.

Fall Foliage ads have been placed in Trains magazine.  Penn Valley railroad has also placed advertisements in this magazine.  HBI is managing TV and radio ads on our behalf.  Andy Richards will find out where HBI is advertising on the radio and explore other outlets to broaden our reach.  Andy Richards moves we spend up to $1,000 in supplemental advertising, seconded by Andy Cobaugh; motion carried.  Tracey will line up costumed characters for the Halloween trains and purchase candy and some more decorations, as needed.  Andy Richards moves to spend up to $600 for candy and decorations, seconded by Andy Cobaugh; motion carried.  Dan will get outdoor decorations, except for pumpkins which will be arranged by Andy Richards.

Gene suggests we install 20 ties this fall.  November 3 is a potential date for a work party to do this.  We will delay work in the cut to Spring.

A new member, "G4" was in attendance.  He has experience in the Seattle area and is also volunteering at Rock Hill Trolley Museum.

Tracey moved to adjourn, seconded by Andy Cobaugh; motion carried.  Meeting adjourned 8:30PM.
Comments