Over this weekend, December 20-22, 2013 we had a total of 11 Santa Express trains - all sold out since Mid-November!
In total we handled more than 4000 passengers on our trains (including little kids under 2 years).
We would like to thank all passengers for riding our trains this weekend.
In particular we would like to thank:
- Jeff Pontius (owner of the historic passenger cars) and his volunteer staff from the Penn Valley Railroad, who freely give their time to support the excursions and who assist with on board staffing.
- The Nittany and Bald Eagle Railroad who generously provides the locomotives and engine crews at no cost to BHRS
- The SEDA-COG Joint Rail Authority, who provides insurance and logistical support to keep these trips running.
Without their continuous support over the last years we would not be able host these train rides.
In addition we would like to thank:
We wish everybody Happy Holidays and a Happy New Year! Hope we will see you back on our trains again sometime next year.
- The Bellefonte Fire Police, who provide traffic control, to keep our passengers safe going to and from the station.
- The Bellefonte Area School District for providing free parking at the High School and Middle School parking lots.
- The the Bellefonte Intervalley Area Chamber of Commerce for help with selling tickets, answering hundreds of questions about the trains, and providing logistical support to BHRS.
- The Borough of Bellefonte for help with parking and logistics.
- To Historic Bellefonte Inc. for assistance with advertising, promotions and general support of BHRS.
- The Rapak Family (the Nutty Bavarians), who donate 50% of their profit from food sales (nuts, cocoa, etc) to the BHRS.
- And to the many individual volunteers who give of their time to support BHRS throughout the year.
Please note that photographs of BHRS events may be taken to promote the organization. Your likeness may be used in photographs that may appear in our promotional materials or on our website.